I've been graduated for, good lord, a little over four months now. Some people might take a fortune of time like that and spend it doing something exciting and horizon-expanding like travelling. Me? Well, I'm more of a hide-in-my-room kind of guy.
What've I been doing with this time then? Some might claim long stints in front of my computer were symptomatic of a bone-deep laziness. Faced with this accusation, I throw up my hands and protest (in a squeaky voice) that this was my long-desired PROJECT TIME.
As my accuser turns away, I quickly drop my hands. Holding them up there is a lot of effort for these lazy bones.
Anyway, much as I've enjoyed taking this break and getting a chance to poke at some ideas which had been kicking around in my head, it's time for me to
mess up some interviews find a job. However, I thought it'd be nice to have a summary of my work.
This isn't exactly an exhaustive list - there's a bunch stuff that never ended up online, whether because it was too uninteresting or too underdeveloped or whatever - but it is, indisputably, a list, and, well, there's something to be said for that.
- Poplar, a haXe-based match-three platformer.
- Herrera, an experiment with HTML5 and procedural generation.
- The Lauded Deeds of the Materialist, a fun little action game.
- Ruin, a ClojureScript-based roguelike built on top of rot.js.
- roguelim, a roguelike played through Twitter.
- A Sky Full of Gumption, the start of a Spelunky-inspired platformer.
- Hyderabad, a real-time game in ClojureScript (which ended up being way too slow).
- Armor generation with midpoint displacement.
- Block leaf trees.
- Perlin noise-generated planets.
- Experiments in texture generation.
- Updated tools for the Destructoid CBlog Recaps team.
- Emily, the start of a Clojure-based paint program.
- Jinn, a continuation of the CoffeeScript engine started in Herrera.
- Momo, a Clojure-based implementation of monads.
- Dabber, which applies a painterly effect to pictures.
- Evolute, a song breeder.
- Breedxel, an image breeder.
- Face Rater, which rates faces.
- Message in a Bottle, an experiment in communication.
- An entry for NaNoGenMo which scraped and blended Wikipedia articles.